I simply do not know where the time goes. I clearly remember many many people, family and friends, telling me that I would close my eyes and one day my daughter would be all grown up. Now obviously she is not all grown up...but still it just amazes me that she is now 7 years old and in 2nd grade.
So far 2nd grade for Sara is off to an awesome start. She loves her school (Eagle Academy Charter School) and so do her parents. Her teacher, Ms. Timberlake is just amazing, and of course Sara loves her too. Sara is thriving in reading and math; and according to her teacher has the best penmanship in her class. We find Sara reading all the time. Actually she kind of scared me one day when I discovered that she was reading 3 different chapter books at the same time. I told Sara that I was concerned that she would get all these different stories confused and that she should just focus on her book that was assigned to her by her teacher. She proceeded to tell me that she had it well under control; and amazingly enough she does. Her reading comprehension is so much better than mine ever was and I am so grateful for that; being that I struggled with that all throughout my schooling including college.
We cannot wait to see what achievements she will make this year at this fabulous school. Man, do I love Eagle Academy!
| "1st Day of School" |
| "Sara, Leonela & Violeta waiting for their 1st day of 2nd Grade" |
| "A very familiar pose for Eagle Academy Students when being addressed by their peers" |
No comments:
Post a Comment