Thursday, April 8, 2010

Yes...A little Late...But..."Happy Easter"!!!

Yes...I know I am late in posting my Easter pics; but at least I am within a week of the event itself.

Good Friday, I had the joy of waking up with a terrible sinus cold; but still I pressed on in making the most of the Easter holiday with my little family. Friday I prepared a bunch of eggs and color dye and let Sara have a field day in coloring eggs. She also had the help of her NEW GUINEA PIG!!!

That is big news in itself. Sara is now the proud owner of a now 9 week old American guinea pig named "browny". We surprised her on the morning of March 31st. She came down that morning to find a large cage sitting on the kitchen counter top. Her jaw about dropped to the floor in shock. My little chatter box was actually speechless for several minutes. She had worked so hard in earning this little guy. She first started working on it last July. Here goals were to work hard in school and a few behavior issues that we were hoping to improve. The Friday before we had received her report card and it was simply amazing. Not to mention the other things we were working on such as bossiness, doing more chores and focusing have dramatically improved. So after scoping out the pet stores the week before we learned that a few babies had arrived and made the decision to finally reward her that Sunday morning.

We drove to the local PetCo where she made her decision very quickly as to which guinea pig was coming home with her. We are now on week 2 of having Browny with us and both Sara and the Pig are doing great. She is a wonderful owner and takes great care of him. She does all the work in feeding, cleaning him and his cage. We are very proud of her for working so hard in earning her new pet. Check out some of the photos below...

(Waiting patiently for the 'right' color)


(Browny)

(Sara & Browny)

(The final product...)

OK...Back to the Easter Festivities....

So on Saturday we decided to go Petroleum Easter Kid Party. This was our 3rd year in taking Sara. The Petroleum Club puts on quite a nice spread for the kids. They had a nice buffet, a cookie decorating area, the Easter Bunny and a wonderful Easter Egg hunt.

Sara had a blast, dressing up and enjoying all the festivities. She just loves the Easter bunny and having her picture taken with him. Every year during the Egg hunt the hostess hides the eggs outside in the courtyard along with 5 Golden Eggs. The golden egg entitles the finder to a special prize that he or she can win from the Easter Bunny. This year, Sara was very fortunate again to find a golden egg. She won a beautiful large stuff lamb, whose name is now Lilly. We are very amazed that she even found one since there had to be about 100 kids there...not to mention those eggs are very hard to find. Next year Sara will be in the "older" kid group so the competition is sure to be much harder.

(The Easter Bunny & Sara)

(On the prowl for the 'Golden Egg')

(The Big Prize...'Lilly the Lamb')

Easter Sunday, I was feeling worse than ever. It was hard enough on me to get through the Petroleum Club festivities much less Easter; but sill I strived to make the most of it for my family.

The morning started off with Sara going on another Easter Egg hunt, but this time in our house. We made it extra tough on her to find the eggs this year, since she told us it was far too easy last year. She had a lot of fun searching the house for all her eggs. After all that excitement she dove into her basket that Bill and I put together for her. She received a new doll, cool coloring pens, an Archie magazine, G-Force (a guinea pig movie), a small chocolate bunny and some wonderful new books. I really do despise some of the pre-made baskets that the local stores sell...they are filled with so much junk and candy that the kids do not need. It is just so much more fun and personal when you can put your own basket together...I think it means so much more to her.

So as the morning went on I felt worse and worse with my cold. Despite feeling worse and not being able to smell or taste anything, I dug deep and made Sara and Bill a wonderful, yet simple dinner of ham, salad and potatoes. Good thing I made lots of left overs; because that is pretty much what they ate most of this week because my cold took a turn for the worse and I was pretty much in bed for the remainder of Easter once dinner was cooked.

Now after getting some much needed rest, the worse of my cold has finally passed and I am feeling much much better. Hope all of you had a wonderful Easter:)

(Easter morning with Sara....I just really like this picture)

(Finding all her eggs)

No comments: