Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Latest & Greatest

I simply do not know where all the time goes in our little lives. Tomorrow is St. Patricks' Day and it seems like forever since I last made a post. So with that in mind I will do my best to bring everyone current.

As some of you now Bill went down in late February to go visit with his mom and give them and hand while she goes through her treatments. She is one tough lady, one of the toughest I have ever come across. I admire her greatly...although don't tell her that....she might think I like her or something. Hope you are getting a good laugh out of that GG. I LOVE YOU TOO:) It was hard for Bill to leave his little family in Alaska, but Mom & Dad truly needed his help. I only wish that the three of us could all go. Hopefully a family trip will be in the near future. Let's all pray for that.

(Bill, Mom & Dad)
Sara and I have no problem staying busy whether Bill is here or not. She had school, I worked, and then of course, there are all our little activities....karate, swimming, girl scouts, play dates, home coloring and craft projects, reading and writing time...it just goes on and on. Bill was able to come home on an early afternoon flight on a Friday. I picked him up and then we surprised Sara at school in picking her up early. She was overwhelmed when she saw him and was very happy to have her Daddy back.

The day after Bill came home Fur Rondy started in Anchorage. Fur Rondy is a winter festival held in Anchorage celebrating the start of the Last Great Race, the Idiatrod. Some of the events we were able to go to were the horse rides, carriage rides, the winter carnival, ice sculptures, dog sled rides and the fireworks. It was a crazy weekend, but a LOT of fun; which we all desperately needed.

(Sara's new favorite ride, "The Twisted Tornado")



(Sara & Mommy on a Horse-Drawn Carriage ride)



(My adorable Eskimo's)

Some other neat events that have taken place recently was Sara jumping off a diving board into 12+ feet water. As some of you may remember she had developed a fear of water and an even bigger fear of deep water thanks to some stupid blond bitch that calls herself a swim instructor for the Municipality of Anchorage.

Thanks to Sara's new swimming program she has come miles in a short period of time. At a recent birthday party this last weekend she got the nerve to try it...and boy did she. We could not get her to stop. Over and over again she repeatedly jumped off the diving board. Both Bill and I were amazed. Way to go Sara.
(Go Sara Go)

Sometime within the last few weeks Sara's school celebrated Dr. Seuss' birthday. The kids were encouraged to dress as their favorite Dr. Seuss character...can you guess what Sara's was? THE FOX...from 'Fox in Socks'. To be honest I was kind of dreading this, since I am not crafty when it comes to these things. I can barely sew on a button much less through a costume together. But with some inspiration from the Dooley's costume shop, I purchased some crazy orange-reddish/yellow fur, some make-up and made the rest up. Bottom line, Sara loved it and was very happy with how it turned out. I have to admit she makes a great little Fox.

(Sara as 'Fox in Sox')



Finally, one of the last things we did over the last week was take Sara to the downtown museum to check out the Star Wars exhibit that is here. Sara has never seen Star Wars and does not have much interest in it, but knows many of the characters. The trip to the museum started out well. We decided to start of the top floor (4th) and work our way down. We learned about robotics and checked out some great displays.

By the time we reached the 3rd floor the fire alarm went off. CRAZY!!! What gets me, is with all the talk and education about evacuation of buildings...how stupid and arrogant people are. Some people refused to leave because they did not smell smoke. We ended up evacuating and it turned out the alarm went off for a reason. The Millennium Falcon ride on the first floor had a short and something burnt up. Thankfully no one was hurt and everyone got out safely.

So instead of waiting for the museum to open the floors and let the crowds back in we decided to go grab lunch and then return later...which was definitely the right thing to do...since it took the museum forever to get the floors re-opened again. Once back, we finished our tour and Sara got to even take a ride on a hover craft. Check out the video below.

No comments: