Well with yet another "snow storm"...thankfully it didn't stick...my daughter turned to me this morning while driving her to school and asked when "Spring" was going to arrive in Alaska. Of course, I had to laugh and give her the same answer I always give her...which is..."This is Springtime in Alaska". We live in the one state in which winter prevails 8 months out of the year. I hear people bitch and complain about there rainy or cold temperatures of 40's & 50's and it just makes me sick. Granted Alaska is an extraordinary state with its magnificent mountains, glaciers, blue rivers and wildlife; but you truly need to sacrifice a lot to live up here...especially when it comes to weather. Right now, I am just hoping that we have another half way decent summer in our future. We will get out and camp no matter what...but it sure helps when the sun is out; especially when the sun stays up past midnight.
So below are a couple pictures of Sara and Rufus watching the snow and waiting for Spring to come. There are also a few pictures of a recent field trip that I got to chaperon on for Sara's class. Her class attended the production of "Stone Soup" at the Performing Arts Center last week. It was a great production for the little ones and it was sure a lot of fun for me to go along with her and her class.
No comments:
Post a Comment