Friday, September 5, 2008

GrandPa Whalen Visits...

Grandpa Whalen paid us all a visit August 20th thru September 2nd. This was the first time in 4 years that we have been able to get together; so we tried to make the most of it.

I tried to keep Dad as busy as possible. My brother, Sean was able to take time off from work which helped immensely; so we were able to shuttle Dad back and forth between my house and his.

We tried to focus much of this visit around visiting with family, since Dad last saw Sara at 4 months of age and had not even met two of his youngest grandchildren. So Dad got more than his fill of endless entertainment of grandchildren.

During his visit Dad got to see Seward, Alaska with Sean, visit the downtown market with Bill and Sara, join in on BBQ's with some of my playgroup friends, attended the Whalen Birthday Party Extravaganza, went on a nature hike at Potter's Marsh, visited the Alaska Zoo and we also created a "mock Thanksgiving" dinner for Dad (since it had been close to 10+ years since either Sean or I celebrated with him).

So overall it was a very busy and fun-filled visit for Dad which I am sure he enjoyed.

(Sean, Dad & Kelly at Potter's Marsh)


(Dad & the Grandkids)
(Sandia, Sara, Dad, Denali & Elsie at the Zoo)

2 comments:

Nana Cindy said...

What awesome pictures!!! Thank you. Sara is off to another year of preschool. She is growing up, but she will always need you.
I love the pictures of Jim with you, Sean, and the grandchildren. You did a lot in the passed few weeks.....
Love,
Cindy

Meredith said...

I have to say, this is very funny to see Uncle Jim with all these beautiful ladies...

Looks like you are having a good fall!