Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Mommy Daughter Day...

Over the past two weeks Sara has been passed back and forth between friends who are helping us watch her while Bill and I push forward to get this painting project done. I think with all the chaos in our house...such as furniture piled in rooms, toys packed up; not to mention all the smells...the stress of remodeling is affecting our little girl.

So rather than going to our scheduled playgroup, I thought it was best to have a special "Mommy Daughter Day". And what a day it was.

We first visited the Imaginarium, a science center for kids. Spent a hour or so there playing with bubbles, checking out the baby chicks and Sara's favorite...saying "hi" to Chomper the snapping turtle.

Then right on cue Sara got hungry. I had planned to take her to the bagel shop or our local Denny's, but she wanted to go to the "fancy" restaurant that is located in the same building as the Imaginarium called the Glacier Brewhouse; which just happens to be my favorite restaurant. The two of us had a fantastic lunch.

With time to spare before rest time, I asked Sara if there was any place else she wanted to go. So she had the idea of visiting "The Reef" a local aquarium fish store located in the Sears Mall. She loves this store. They have several fish tank displays with beautiful salt water fish as well as a jellyfish tank, seahorses and an octopus. But today of all days we were in for a very special treat.

Teri, the store owner, whom we have known for years was getting ready to feed "Crikey", a 2 year old sting ray (named after the late Steve Irwin) and asked if Sara would like to pet him. Man was I nervous. However, Sara, being the fearless babe she is jumped on the stool to meet her new friend. She loved him! She got to pet him for several minutes and also got squirted with water a few times. What a great experience for her and what a wonderful end to a wonderful day. Thanks Teri!!!


3 comments:

Nana Cindy said...

So glad you had a great day. Great decision to have a Mommy/Daughter day. You are creating memories of a lifetime.
Love,
Cindy

Meredith said...

This is so cute...my Mom always did "special time" with me and my sister. It is really important! Not that Brendan really understands it yet, but sometimes I also blow off playdates or errands and we'll go to lunch or the park and just do something unplanned and "fun." It's so worth it!

Marcy said...

There's nothing like a Mommy-Daughter Day, or even a Mommy-Daughter Moment. Either will always be special. Thanks for sharing!
Marcy