Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday Fun...

When I looked at the calendar today, I just could not believe that it was the 11th of December. Where have these weeks gone? In just 5 short days we will be making our way to Gilbert, Arizona to spend Christmas with G.G. & Papa.

In the mean time, I thought I would take a moment and let everyone know what we have been up to these last few weeks.

Thanksgiving was relatively quiet, but still very nice. Unfortunately we were not able to get together with my brothers' family due to some of his kids being under the weather; but we did manage to get Uncle Duncan, Becky, Aurora and Justin (Becky's boyfriend) to come over for a nice meal. The morning started with my two assistant chefs getting the stuffing made. Sara was a big help and not only was a great help in the kitchen, but managed to dance and sing the entire time while she was helping me.


(My Turkey Sous-Chef)

(Shake that Booty)

Of course what would a Thanksgiving Day be without a little snowfall the night before...which made for a perfect excuse to go outside and have a snowball fight with Daddy.

(Look out Daddy!)

The food was outstanding. Instead of the traditional turkey, we had ham. Sara devoured most of it as usual. I have to admit I felt real bad for Justin, since at the dinner table he told us he was a vegetarian. There he was sitting at the table with a gigantic plate of Ham in front of him and Sara chanting "meat, meat - - I love meat". It was sick, yet funny. Thankfully he filled up with potatoes, stuffing and all other goodies.

Sara truly enjoyed visiting with her Unkie Dunkie, who she just adores. She made sure to give him lots of cuddle time.

(Uncle Duncan & Sara)

(Sara & Mommy at the Nutcracker)

Since we were not able to get with the Whalens on Thanksgiving we made some time the following Sunday to meet up at a park and go sledding. This was the first time Sean's girls had been sledding so it was a real treat to experience this with them. We all had a BLAST. After about an hour of hard core sledding we came back to my house shared some hot cocoa and snacks. Hopefully we will be able to do more of this when we get back from our holiday.

(Denali, Sandia (hidden), Sara & Daddy)

(Denali & Sean)
Bringing you Current:

Thankfully we were able to get through Thanksgiving without too many hitches...until one day when we all started to get sick.

For the last 1 1/2 weeks we all have been battling sinus infections and "PINK EYE" of all things. Yup, that's right. What a horrible thing to have. Not ever experiencing it...I can now relate to all those people I know that have experienced this at one time.

First Sara got it...it went away...then started to come back. That is when I woke up one Friday morning and my left eye was completely swollen and red as Santa's suit. Due to the fact that my eyes are big, it was pretty darn noticeable. Bill then decided to make fun of me. Well guess what? That right...he woke up Saturday morning with not only Pink Eye, but a chipped tooth. Now...don't get the wrong idea, I had nothing to do with that. It just happened;"

Needless to say after a week of being medicated we all look normal and are feeling much better. Sara still has a bit of the sniffles, but otherwise she is fine.

Sorry to say, no pictures were taken...

1 comment:

Nana Cindy said...

looks like so much fun. Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I can't believe how Sara is growing up. She is so precious.
God bless you and your family.
Love,
Cindy