Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Going...Going...GONE...

Today is the 15th of December and we are pretty much "gone" in the sense that we are more than ready to make the trip South to Arizona.

It has been a pretty tough week for our little family. I am sad to say that little Sara has been sick. Last Friday after school she seemed very off and by Saturday morning she was worse. We were able to take her to her pediatrician's office where she was diagnosed with a ear and sinus infection. Monday she missed school because she was up all night, due to the fact that she could not breath....so again we went to the doctor. Thankfully her ears cleared up to the point that the doctor is confident that she will handle the trip o.k.; but still she is incredibly congested.

So to make things interesting her Doctor prescribed her a different nose spray to clear up her sinuses...and BOY did it work. However, the drainage from her nose is now causing her to cough and hack uncontrollably. So with yet another night of very little to no sleep she missed school again.

This is so not how Bill and I wanted this week to go. I for one did not get done all the things I wanted to at my new job. I feel like I let them down, it is not like me not to finish something. Of course, it does not help that Marlaine (the lady I work with) broke her wrist on Saturday falling on the ice.

Then there is Bill....who is also behind in some of his projects at work; but amazingly enough he is kicking butt. His work also made the decision that now would be a good time to remodel his entire floor which has everyone and everything moving. Good Timing??? YEAH RIGHT!

Sara is now resting comfortably on the couch downstairs watching a Rudolf show about Baby New Year. I just made her a homemade smoothie which made her throat feel better. Despite feeling bad, her spirits are very high. She cannot wait to see her GG & PaPa. She misses them so much. She was sad that she missed saying goodbye to her teacher and classmates; but I did make her feel a little better when we sent the class an email. Though she is only 5, she understands how important it is to rest and feel better. Bill and I feel that once we are in some nicer weather that she will perk up quickly.

In the mean time, during this whole mess of being sick and determination to get better our little one lost Tooth #5. This was a complete shock to all of us.

Picking her up from school last Wednesday, she came running up to Daddy with a plastic-like tooth holder which had tooth #5 in it. Sara explained how the who dramatic event took place. While prying her water bottle open with her teeth during snack time, she hooked her bottom tooth on the bottle and it became very loose. One of her classmates, Benjamin, started chanting for Sara to pull it out. "Sara, Sara...Sara"...got the whole class going according to the teacher. The next thing you know, Sara gave it a good yank and pulled out her own tooth. The kids were thrilled, as was she and a good time was had by all.

Below is her latest smile:)


So as we head out this evening, our thoughts are with all our friends and family that we cannot be with this year. Hope all of you have a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

No comments: