It has been a long five years that in some ways went by way too fast; as many told me it would. Kindergarten crept up on us quickly as the summer days went by. Both Bill and I knew it would be a lot easier on her than me; but the bottom line is, she is more than ready to begin this new chapter in her life.
She did awesome as usual. Waking up at 6:00 this morning was not the best start, but she was way too excited to sleep; at least that was her excuse. We are expecting her to be very exhausted by the time we pick her up this afternoon. She was a bit nervous at first, but settled down quickly after making some friends. We walked Sara to her classroom, took some pictures and gave her big hugs and kisses, and of course reminded her that "Kindergarten is Cool" and to have fun.
We are so proud of our little girl and wish her nothing but the best in her new beginnings with Eagle Academy. In experiencing the school lottery system here in Anchorage and all the stress and pressure that goes with it, we feel extremely fortunate that her name was selected to be enrolled at this particular school. Luck was definitely on Sara's side.
As for me, it definitely feels weird not having my 'side kick' around with me this morning. I hope to take advantage of this time and try to get several projects done that I have not been able to work on in years as well as looking for work. My plan is to still go through temporary agencies in addition to looking for part-time work. Right now, part-time work would be the best with our schedules and I am just hoping I can find something in this struggling market. Wish me luck:)
Below are some pictures of our big girl in one of her many school uniform outfits. Does she look grown up or what?
1 comment:
Oh my goodness,Sara looks so grown up... what a big step!!!! Thank you for keeping us up to date on Sara's kindergarten experience. I will be looking forward to kindergarten stories....
It is a new transition for everyone.
All my love,
Cindy
Post a Comment