That is what we have been doing since we got home from sunny Arizona...absolutely nothing. To give you an idea, this is how the last 30 days have played out.
We returned home on December 28th to sub-zero temperatures of 20++ below. Celebrated New Years with more freezing temps. That first weekend Sara was acting a bit funny. January 5th was her first day back to school and then for the next 2 1/2 weeks she was very ill with yet another diagnosis of tonsillitis and a terrible chest cold. To add fun to the whole mix, Bill and I came down with a wicked case of bronchitis. It is now January 28th, Sara is finally back in school, Bill back to work and I am back to my normal mommy/housewife duties. Oh...did I forget to mention that Mt. Redoubt is set to blow again. I believe it last erupted in 1989...have to check on that one.
Since Sara has been so sick this school year we are seriously looking into having her tonsils removed. We actually had them looked at when she was 3, but the doctor said she was way to young. Nowadays they don't seem to do the procedure as much. Come to find out that it is not because of any higher risks involved; but more because of insurance. That figures. Thankfully between our regular pediatrician and the ENT doctor we have at least 5-6 documented cases. So I will have to keep everyone posted on that one. I hate the idea of her having surgery again, no matter how simple or routine; it is just the whole idea of it. But in the long run my gut is telling me it will be worthwhile.
Sara starts swim classes next week, YEAH!!! She sure misses swimming. I cannot wait to see what progress she will make in her next level.
I am also sad (somewhat sad) to report that dance classes are no more....at least for the moment. I actually saw this coming. When we first enrolled Sara in dance, she had the awesome instructor, as well as a live pianist during class time. It was wonderful. This last fall the instructor changed and so did the whole dynamics of the class. It is not that she had a bad teacher...just a different one; and Sara ended up getting bored. The class kept doing the same routine week after week and it simply became boring to her. So not wanting to push her into something that she does not want to do, we are taking a break from it and looking into other dance classes (which Sara has observed and likes)....or get this....Karate. Yes, Karate! My daughter has expressed an interest in trying it, so we are going to look into it and see what develops from that. I would like to get her into a "test" class and see what her reaction is. Can you imagine what she would be like with a black belt...hmmm.
Well, that is enough for now. I am going to take advantage of having another 45 minutes to myself and watch the Australian Open in peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment