Friday, December 5, 2008

The Nutcracker

I meant to post this about a week ago, but unfortunately (for those that don't know) I severely sprained my lower back and have been unable to perform some of life's simple tasks like sitting. In any case I am getting better; just not fast enough by my standards.

So...on November 29th the three of us got dressed up and took Sara to her first Nutcracker Ballet performance held at the Anchorage Performing Arts Center. Though the time of the show was right at her regular nap time she did very well; although there were several times where I caught her noddling off.

With dancing being one of her strong interests we knew she would love it and she did. Her least favorite scene was the battle with the Mouse King and her favorite dancer was the Sugar Plum Fairy who was simply outstanding.

After the show we decided to keep going with the holiday festivities and treat ourselves to a nice dinner at Simon's & Seaforts'; a popular restaurant located downtown. Bill had steak, I had tuna and Sara had pasta. It was a nice way to end a wonderful evening.

(Checking out the Theatre)

(sipping strawberry lemonade at Simons')

1 comment:

Nana Cindy said...

awesome!!!!! I still love the Nutcracker. I am so glad you had a great time.

Hope you feel better.
Love,
Cindy